Coast of Nigeria
Offshore Oil Platform
Critical Power on the High Seas
Rugged, reliable, serviceable, and built to tough specifications are all descriptive of the unique power needs of the Petroleum Industry.
This Enercon custom-designed generator set package provides power to a floating off-shore petroleum drilling, storage, and offloading facility off the African coast in the Atlantic Ocean.
Through the years, Enercon has developed a reputation for meeting all those requirements with control systems, switchgear, mechanical assemblies, enclosures & packages, and mobile equipment in almost every major oil field in the world plus many floating and anchored platforms, loading facilities, pumping & compression facilities, and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) plants.
- 8,000 Horsepower, air start
- Oversize radiator system for 15% additional capacity for jacket water and fuel cooling
- 5.2 Megawatt total power
- 6.5 MVA
- 6.6 kV, 50Hz
- 316 Stainless steel
- Sound attenuated to 85 db(A)
- Designed for 100 mph wind loads
- 65' long, 24' wide, 24' high
- Weight = 192 tons
- Piping, valves, and fittings 316/316L stainless steel tested per API
- Explosion-proof interior lighting
- Photocell exterior lighting
- Fire suppression system per NFPA 750 with 100% back-up reserve, Hi-Fog water mist, fire & gas detection system & manual pull stations
- ANSI, IEEE, NEMA, IEC, AWS, and API compliant
- Double trolley and hoist system in the enclosure for engine maintenance