Co-Generation in Milwaukee
The 11 story Zeidler Building in Milwaukee needed a cogeneration unit to generate electric power and produce hot water for building heating.
Enercon Engineering custom designed a co-generation package using two Caterpillar G3412 engine-generator sets. Good sound attenuation was also a requirement because of a roof-top location near other office buildings.
The unit is also paralleled with the local utility to pump excess power into the utility grid when demand is high.
Engines & Generators
• Two Caterpillar G3412 engines
• Rated 450Volts
• 60 Hertz
• 3 Phase
• Exhaust & jacketWater Heat Exchangers for building hot water heat
• Can deliver 900 kW of base load to utility grid
• 280" long, 232" wide, 102" high
• Sound attenuated to 72 db(A) @ 25 ft.
• Aluminum panels w/6" foam insulation
• Interior lighting system